Step-by-Step Guide: How to Install Windows 10 on USB
Step 1: Prepare Windows 10 ISO FileThe first step in installing Windows 10 on USB is to prepare the ISO file. You can download Windows 10 ISO file from the official Microsoft site or other trusted sources. Ensure your USB has enough storage space, preferably 8 GB or more. The downloaded file is a compressed ZIP file, extract it and save it in a dedicated folder.
Step 2: Insert USB Drive and Check for VirusesInsert the USB drive into the computer or laptop. Before transferring files make sure your USB is virus-free and has no corrupt system files. You can scan the USB using built-in antivirus software or external antiviruses.
Step 3: Download and Start RufusRufus is a software that helps to format and create bootable USB drives. Download Rufus from their official website. Connect the USB device to the computer or laptop, and run Rufus as an administrator.
Step 4: Select USB Device and ISO ImageIn Rufus, select your USB device under the “Device” box. The software should automatically recognize and select your USB drive. Next, locate the Windows 10 ISO image, click “Select” and choose the ISO file downloaded in step 1.
Step 5: Configure SettingsUnder the “Partition scheme and target system type” select “MBR for BIOS or UEFI.” Choose the “File system” as FAT32 or NTFS. NTFS is recommended as it allows you to copy files larger than 4GB. Ensure the “Quick Format” and “Create a bootable disk using” options are selected.
Step 6: Start The ProcessAfter configuring the settings, select “START” to begin the process. If a warning message appears, swipe left until you come across the “OK” button.
Step 7: Wait for the Process to CompleteThe time to complete the process will depend on the speed of the computer and USB. Do not interrupt the process, and keep the computer undisturbed.
Step 8: Boot Your Computer from USB DriveAfter the installation process is done, restart your computer. Boot from the USB drive by entering the BIOS setup using the following keys: F2, F10, DEL, or ESC button. Once the BIOS setup has opened, go to the boot menu and select the option that refers to the USB drive.
Step 9: Install Windows 10 on Your ComputerAfter booting from USB, the Windows 10 installation wizard should start automatically. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows 10 on your computer.
Step 10: Choose the Appropriate SettingsAfter selecting “Install,” you will get an option to choose language, time, and other settings. Set preferred settings accordingly.
Step 11: Enter the Product KeyYou will be prompted to enter the product key to complete the installation. Use the key provided by Microsoft if you purchased it online.
Step 12: Wait until Installation CompletesAfter entering the product key, click on “Next” and wait for the installation to complete. The installation process might take up to an hour, depending on the program and system.
Penjelasan dan TipsAfter following the above Process, here are some additional tips to ensure a successful installation:
Tip 1: Use a fast USB DriveUsing a fast USB drive like USB 3.0 can save time and make the installation process faster.
Tip 2: Disconnect Secondary DrivesDisconnect any additional secondary drives such as USB flash drives or external hard drives to avoid confusion during the installation process.
Tip 3: Close Unnecessary Programs and Background ProcessesClosing any unnecessary programs and background processes frees up space, allowing the installation process to run smoothly.
Tip 4: Create Backup of Important DataBacking up important data is essential in case of any data loss during the installation process.
Tip 5: Confirm CompatibilityConfirm that your computer is compatible with the system requirements of Windows 10.
Tip 6: Keep Your Computer Plugged inEnsure your computer is plugged in during the installation process to avoid any power down incidents.
Tip 7: Use an External Mouse and KeyboardUsing an external mouse and keyboard helps to speed up the process and improves accuracy.
Tip 8: Update Drivers After InstallUpdating drivers can prevent any hardware conflicts post-installation.
Tip 9: Password Reset DiskCreate a password reset disk for your Windows account to avoid any login problems after installation.
Tip 10: Enjoy Using Your Newest Windows 10 OSEnjoy your newly installed Windows 10 operating system and explore its latest features!
And there you have it, a comprehensive guide on how to install Windows 10 on USB. We hope you found this guide helpful in installing your Windows 10 on USB.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Installing Windows 10 on USB
If you’re looking to install Windows 10 on your computer, you can do it the traditional way by using a CD or DVD. However, installing Windows 10 on USB is becoming more popular due to its convenience. But is it worth it? In this article, we’ll explore the advantages and disadvantages of installing Windows 10 on USB.
Advantages (Kelebihan) :
- Portability: One of the biggest advantages of using a USB for installing Windows 10 is that it’s portable. This means you can carry it around with you and use it on multiple computers.
- Less Expensive: Depending on the size of your USB, it can be less expensive compared to buying a CD or DVD.
- Faster Installation: Installing Windows 10 on USB can be much faster than using a CD or DVD.
- More Accessible: A USB is more accessible compared to a CD or DVD – most modern laptops and computers have multiple USB ports.
- Easy to Make: Creating a Windows 10 USB is easy and you can do it yourself with just a few clicks.
- Future-proof: With USB becoming more and more popular, installing Windows 10 on USB means your installation media will remain relevant for years to come.
- Reuseable: After installing the OS, you can format the USB and re-use it for other files and data.
- Less Chance of Damaging: USBs are more sturdy than CDs and DVDs, which means less chance of damage during the installation process.
- Privacy: By installing Windows 10 on USB, you can keep your personal data private and not stored on the computer you’re installing the OS on.
- Saving disk space: Using USB for the install, giving you more disk space on your computer for other data that you might need to store.
Disadvantages (Kekurangan) :
- Slower Read Speed: Sometimes a USB can have slower read speeds compared to a CD or DVD, which means a slower installation process.
- Loss or Corruption: USBs can be lost or corrupted, and it’s important to keep a backup of the installation media.
- Limited Lifespan: USBs have a limited lifespan compared to CDs and DVDs, which can result in data loss or corruption over time.
- Requires USB Device: Installing Windows 10 on USB means you will need a USB device to install the OS, which can be an additional cost if you don’t already have one.
- Data Security: If you’re using a public computer to install Windows 10 on USB, your personal data may be at risk if the USB is lost or stolen.
- Compatibility: Some older computers may not recognize a USB as a boot device which can make the installation process difficult or impossible on those computers.
- Storage Space: Windows 10 requires a certain amount of storage space which may be more than some USBs have available.
- Customizations: If you want to make customizations during the installation process, such as adding drivers or other software, it can be more difficult on a USB compared to a CD or DVD.
- More Technical Process: Installing Windows 10 on USB can be a more technical process compared to using a CD or DVD, which means it may not be suitable for beginners.
- Slower Boot Speeds: Sometimes computers may take longer to boot from USB compared to a CD or DVD, which can result in a longer waiting time to install Windows 10.
Overall, installing Windows 10 on USB has its advantages and disadvantages. It ultimately depends on your individual needs and preferences as to whether or not it’s the right method for you. Consider both the advantages and disadvantages before making your decision.
1. What is the advantage of installing Windows 10 on USB?
Installing Windows 10 on USB has the advantage of portability, meaning you can use your own customized version of Windows on any computer without the need to install it on the computer first.
2. What do I need to install Windows 10 on USB?
You will need a USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space, Windows 10 ISO file, and a computer with a USB port.
3. How do I download Windows 10 ISO file?
You can download the Windows 10 ISO file directly from Microsoft’s official website.
4. What software do I need to install Windows 10 on USB?
You will need a software like Rufus, WinToUSB, or Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool to create a bootable USB flash drive for installing Windows 10.
5. How do I create a bootable Windows 10 USB using Rufus?
Download Rufus, insert your USB flash drive, select the Windows 10 ISO file, and click “Start” to create a bootable USB flash drive.
6. Can I use Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool to install Windows 10 on USB?
Yes, you can use Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool to install Windows 10 on USB.
7. How long does it take to install Windows 10 on USB?
It depends on the speed of your USB flash drive and your computer’s performance, but it usually takes less than 20 minutes.
8. Can I install Windows 10 on USB using Mac?
Yes, you can use Boot Camp Assistant to install Windows 10 on USB using a Mac.
9. What do I need to do after creating a bootable Windows 10 USB?
You need to restart your computer and boot from the USB drive to install Windows 10 on your computer.
10. What is the difference between UEFI and Legacy BIOS for booting from USB?
UEFI is the successor to Legacy BIOS and provides secure booting for modern computers while Legacy BIOS is an older booting protocol.
11. How do I know if my computer uses UEFI or Legacy BIOS?
You can check the documentation of your computer or enter the BIOS/UEFI setup by pressing a certain key during boot-up to determine the booting protocol.
12. Can I install Windows 10 on USB and then transfer it to another computer?
Technically, yes, but it may cause issues with driver installation and might not work properly on another computer.
13. Can I update Windows 10 on USB?
Yes, you can update Windows 10 on USB just like you update it on a regular computer.
How to Install Windows 10 on USB
Installing Windows 10 on your computer can be a smooth and easy process, but what about when you want to install it on a USB drive? Perhaps you want to try Windows 10 out before committing to it or just want to have a portable version of the operating system. Whatever your reasons may be, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to install Windows 10 on USB:
Installing Windows 10 on a USB drive can be a great option for those who want to try out the operating system or have a portable version on hand. With these step-by-step instructions, you can install Windows 10 on your USB drive in no time. Just remember to back up any important files before starting the process and ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements. Have fun exploring Windows 10 on your USB drive!
Thank you for reading this guide on how to install Windows 10 on USB! We hope that this article has been helpful in guiding you through the process step by step. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Good luck with your installation and have a great day!