Step-by-Step Guide: How to Remove Recommended from Windows 11
Step 1: Access the Start Menu SettingsThe first thing you need to do is open the Start Menu by clicking on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of your screen. Then, click on the Settings gear icon in the upper right corner to open the Start Menu settings.
Step 2: Locate the Personalization TabOnce you’re in the Start Menu settings, look for the Personalization tab on the left-hand side of the screen. Click on it to access the customization options.
Step 3: Customize the Start MenuUnder the Personalization tab, you’ll find several options that allow you to customize the Start Menu to your liking. Scroll down until you find the option that says “Show suggestions occasionally in Start”. Turn off the toggle switch next to it.
Step 4: Disable Search SuggestionsWhile you’re in the Personalization tab, you may also want to disable the search suggestions that appear in the Search bar when you type a query. Simply turn off the toggle switch next to “Show recent searches and items”. This will prevent Windows from showing you irrelevant results based on your search history.
Step 5: Adjust the App ListNext, you may want to fine-tune the list of apps that appear in the Start Menu’s app list. To do this, go to the Apps List tab in the Start Menu settings. Here, you can choose which apps should be visible in the list, and which ones should be hidden.
Step 6: Remove Unwanted TilesIf you have any tiles in the Start Menu that you don’t need, you can easily remove them by right-clicking on the tile and selecting “Unpin from Start”. This will remove the tile from the Start Menu and declutter your desktop.
Step 7: Pin Relevant AppsOn the other hand, you may want to pin certain apps to the Start Menu for easier access. To do this, simply find the app in the app list, right-click on it, and select “Pin to Start”. The app will then appear as a tile in the Start Menu.
Step 8: Use the Power User MenuAnother way to access your frequently used apps and settings is to use the Power User Menu. To open it, simply right-click on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of your screen, or press the Windows key + X. This menu provides quick access to various tools and features, including the Settings app, Device Manager, Control Panel, and more.
Step 9: Customize Your DesktopAside from the Start Menu, you may also want to customize your desktop and remove any unnecessary elements. For example, you can remove icons that you don’t need, change the desktop background, or adjust the size of your taskbar.
Step 10: Disable NotificationsIf you find notifications to be distracting, you can turn them off by going to the Notifications & actions tab in the Settings app. Here, you can choose which apps are allowed to send notifications, and turn off the toggle switch for “Get notifications from apps and other senders”.
Step 11: Manage Your Startup ProgramsHaving too many programs running at startup can slow down your computer and make it harder to focus on the tasks at hand. To manage your startup programs, open the Task Manager by pressing ctrl + shift + esc, click on the Startup tab, and disable any programs that you don’t need running in the background.
Step 12: Keep Your PC Clean and SecureFinally, it’s important to keep your PC clean and secure by regularly running virus scans, clearing out temporary files, and updating your software. Consider investing in reputable antivirus software to protect your computer from malware and hacking attempts.
Bonus Tips and Tricks– Customize your taskbar by right-clicking on it and selecting “Taskbar settings”. Here, you can choose which icons should be visible, adjust the taskbar location, and more. – Use keyboard shortcuts to save time and increase your productivity. For example, press Windows key + E to open File Explorer, or Windows key + L to lock your PC. – Organize your files and folders in a logical way to make them easier to find. Consider using descriptive folder names, creating subfolders, and using tags and labels. – Install the latest Windows updates to get the latest features, security patches, and bug fixes. To check for updates, go to the Update & Security tab in the Settings app. – Consider using a third-party Start Menu replacement app if you’re not satisfied with the default Windows 11 option. There are many free and paid options available that offer more customization and features. – Backup your important files regularly to prevent data loss in case of a system failure or malware attack. Use a cloud storage service or an external hard drive for convenience. – If you’re a gamer, optimize your game settings to get the best performance and visual quality. Use tools like Nvidia GeForce Experience or AMD Radeon Software to automate the process. – Check your system specifications and upgrade your hardware if necessary. Upgrading your RAM, CPU, or GPU can significantly improve your PC’s performance and responsiveness. – Use OneDrive or another cloud storage service to sync your files and settings across multiple devices. This can save you time and effort when switching between devices. – Experiment with different themes, wallpapers, and color schemes to give your desktop a personal touch and make it more visually appealing. You can find many free and paid options online. That’s it for our comprehensive guide on how to remove Recommended from Windows 11 and customize your desktop to your liking. We hope you find these tips and tricks useful, and that they help you optimize your PC for maximum productivity, security, and enjoyment. Happy computing!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Removing Recommended from Windows 11
1. Improved system performance: Removing recommended settings from Windows 11 can help improve your system’s performance as it reduces the amount of unnecessary tasks that the system carries out.
2. Customizable settings: You can customize your Windows 11 settings without the recommended options, allowing you to choose the settings that are most suitable for your system and preferences.
3. Reduced distractions: Removing recommended settings can reduce the number of notifications on your screen, making it easier to focus on your work or other tasks without being distracted.
4. Increased privacy: Windows 11 recommends various settings that users might not be comfortable with, such as sharing data with Microsoft. Removing these recommendations can increase your privacy and security.
5. Simplified user interface: Removing recommended settings can simplify the user interface, making it easier to navigate and reducing the likelihood of accidentally selecting the wrong setting.
1. Limited options for non-experts: Users who are not familiar with Windows 11 settings might find it challenging to customize their settings without the recommended options.
2. Potential to choose inappropriate settings: Removing recommended settings can increase the risk of selecting inappropriate settings, which can cause system problems or security issues.
3. Reduced functionality: Some recommended settings can actually improve your system’s functionality. Removing these recommendations might reduce the capabilities of your Windows 11 operating system.
4. Increased risk of errors: Removing recommended settings can increase the risk of errors if the user is not familiar with the system’s functionalities or settings.
5. More time-consuming: Customizing your settings without the recommended options can be more time-consuming, as you have to manually select each setting and might not know which ones to choose without guidance.
1. What are “Recommended” in Windows 11?
“Recommended” in Windows 11 refers to the suggestions provided by the operating system on how to enhance the user’s experience. They are usually links to apps, settings, and other tools that the user might find useful.
2. Why would someone want to remove “Recommended” from Windows 11?
Some users prefer to customize their Windows 11 experience and find the “Recommended” suggestions intrusive or unnecessary. Removing them can make the desktop look cleaner and less cluttered.
3. Is it possible to remove “Recommended” from Windows 11?
Yes, it is possible to remove “Recommended” from Windows 11 by following specific steps.
4. Do I need to be tech-savvy to remove “Recommended” from Windows 11?
No, removing “Recommended” from Windows 11 is a simple process that anyone can follow. You don’t need to be tech-savvy to do it.
5. Can removing “Recommended” from Windows 11 harm my computer?
No, removing “Recommended” from Windows 11 does not harm your computer in any way.
6. Will removing “Recommended” from Windows 11 affect the performance of my computer?
No, removing “Recommended” from Windows 11 is likely to have no effect on your computer’s performance.
7. Can I remove “Recommended” suggestions one by one?
No, there is no option to remove “Recommended” suggestions on a per-suggestion basis. However, you can remove them all at once.
8. How do I remove “Recommended” from Windows 11?
You can remove “Recommended” from Windows 11 by going to settings and disabling the “Show me suggested content in the settings app” option.
9. Can I remove “Recommended” permanently?
Yes, you can remove “Recommended” permanently by disabling the “Show me suggested content in the settings app” option in Windows 11.
10. Will removing “Recommended” remove all suggestions from Windows 11?
No, removing “Recommended” will only remove the suggestions that appear in the settings app. Other suggestions, such as those that appear in the Start menu, may still appear.
11. Will disabling “Recommended” affect other Windows 11 features?
No, disabling “Recommended” will not affect any other features in Windows 11.
12. Can I enable “Recommended” again after disabling it?
Yes, you can enable “Recommended” again by going to settings and enabling the “Show me suggested content in the settings app” option.
13. Do I need to restart my computer after removing “Recommended”?
No, you don’t need to restart your computer after removing “Recommended” from Windows 11.
How to Remove Recommended from Windows 11
As you may have noticed, Windows 11 recommends apps and content for you. While this feature can be helpful at times, it can also be overwhelming. Fortunately, it is possible to remove recommended from Windows 11. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to turn this feature off.
Conclusion and Closing
Windows 11 is a modern operating system that offers many features to enhance your computing experience. However, not all of these features are necessary or desirable for everyone. If you find that the recommended feature is too cluttered and you would like to remove it, follow the steps we have outlined in this article.
By turning off recommended, you can enjoy a cleaner interface and focus on the apps and content that matter to you. We hope that this guide has been helpful, and that you can continue to enjoy using Windows 11 to its fullest potential. Thank you for reading, and we wish you all the best in your computing endeavors.