Steps to Resize Windows in Windows 10
Step 1: Hover over the Edge of the WindowTo resize a window, hover over the edge of the window until your cursor turns into a double-sided arrow.
Step 2: Click and Hold with the Left Mouse ButtonClick and hold down the left mouse button on the edge of the window.
Step 3: Drag the Edge of the WindowWhile holding down the left mouse button, drag the edge of the window in the direction you want it to be resized.
Step 4: Release the Left Mouse ButtonOnce the window is the desired size, release the left mouse button.
Step 5: Resize from the CornersTo resize the window from the corner, hover over the corner of the window until your cursor turns into a diagonal double-sided arrow.
Step 6: Click and Hold with the Left Mouse ButtonClick and hold down the left mouse button on the corner of the window.
Step 7: Drag the Corner of the WindowWhile holding down the left mouse button, drag the corner of the window in the direction you want it to be resized.
Step 8: Release the Left Mouse ButtonOnce the window is the desired size, release the left mouse button.
Step 9: Use the Maximize ButtonIf you want to maximize the window to full screen, click on the maximize button located in the top right corner of the window.
Step 10: Use the Minimize ButtonIf you want to minimize the window to the taskbar, click on the minimize button located in the top right corner of the window.
Step 11: Use the Snap Assist FeatureIf you want to quickly resize a window to take up half of the screen or move it to another monitor, use the Snap Assist feature.
Step 12: Use Keyboard ShortcutsYou can also use keyboard shortcuts such as Windows key + left arrow to snap a window to the left side of the screen or Windows key + right arrow to snap a window to the right side of the screen.
PenjelasanResizing windows in Windows 10 is an essential skill for better multitasking and productivity. By resizing a window, you can view multiple applications simultaneously, which allows you to complete tasks more efficiently. There are several ways to resize a window in Windows 10, and we have provided you with 12 steps to resize windows in Windows 10. Whether you are using the mouse or keyboard shortcuts, resizing windows in Windows 10 is a simple and straightforward process.
Tips and Tricks
Tip 1: Use the Aero Snap FeatureAero Snap is a feature in Windows 10 that allows you to snap two windows side by side. To use this feature, click and drag a window to the left or right side of the screen until it snaps into place.
Tip 2: Use Third-Party ToolsIf you find that Windows 10’s built-in resizing tools are not enough, consider using third-party tools like WindowGrid or BetterSnapTool.
Tip 3: Use the Keyboard Shortcut Windows key + Up ArrowPressing the Windows key + Up Arrow keyboard shortcut maximizes the window to full screen.
Tip 4: Use the Keyboard Shortcut Windows key + Down ArrowPressing the Windows key + Down Arrow keyboard shortcut minimizes the window to the taskbar.
Tip 5: Use the Mouse Scroll WheelYou can also resize a window using the mouse scroll wheel. Hover over the edge of the window, hold down the Ctrl key, and scroll up or down.
Tip 6: Use the Keyboard Shortcut Alt + SpacePressing the Alt + Space keyboard shortcut opens the window menu, from which you can move, resize, minimize or maximize the window.
Tip 7: Use the Keyboard Shortcut Windows key + Left ArrowPressing the Windows key + Left Arrow keyboard shortcut snaps the window to the left side of the screen.
Tip 8: Use the Keyboard Shortcut Windows key + Right ArrowPressing the Windows key + Right Arrow keyboard shortcut snaps the window to the right side of the screen.
Tip 9: Use the Keyboard Shortcut Windows key + Shift + Left ArrowPressing the Windows key + Shift + Left Arrow keyboard shortcut moves the window to the left monitor.
Tip 10: Use the Keyboard Shortcut Windows key + Shift + Right ArrowPressing the Windows key + Shift + Right Arrow keyboard shortcut moves the window to the right monitor. In conclusion, resizing windows in Windows 10 is an essential skill that can improve your productivity and efficiency. With these 12 steps and tips and tricks, you can resize windows in Windows 10 with ease. Whether you prefer using the mouse or keyboard shortcuts, there is a method that suits your style. With these tools at your disposal, you can better manage your windows and multitask like a pro.
Advantages and Disadvantages: How to Resize Windows in Windows 10
1. Enables you to efficiently manage your screen space by adjusting the size of open windows.
2. Improves the user’s experience by making it easy to multitask and work on different applications simultaneously.
3. Saves time and effort by enabling users to work on multiple windows in a single screen without switching between them.
4. Can help to increase productivity by allowing users to view and compare multiple windows side by side.
5. Provides customization options that allow users to set the size and position of windows according to their preferences and requirements.
6. Improves accessibility by enabling users to increase the size of windows for easier viewing and navigation.
7. Reduces eye strain by allowing users to adjust the size and position of windows according to their needs.
8. Provides a smoother and more efficient workflow for users who work with multiple applications at the same time.
1. It can be challenging for new users who are not familiar with the resizing options to adjust window sizes according to their needs.
2. It can be frustrating when windows do not align correctly when resizing, which can lead to wasted time and effort in manually adjusting the layout.
3. Resizing windows can sometimes slow down the performance of the system, especially if the screen is already overloaded with applications and windows.
4. Improper sizing of windows can cause display issues, including missed content or overlapping windows.
5. Users may accidentally close or minimize windows when attempting to resize them, leading to data loss or disruption of work.
6. Some applications may not support resizing, which can limit the user’s ability to multitask and work efficiently.
7. Changes to the sizing of one window may affect the display of the entire screen, causing other windows to appear awkwardly or not at all.
8. It can be challenging to maintain consistency in window sizes across multiple monitors, which may cause problems for users with complex setups.
1. How do I resize windows in Windows 10?
To resize a window, drag the edges or corners of the window using your mouse or touchpad.
2. Can I resize multiple windows at once?
No, you cannot resize multiple windows at once. You will need to resize each window individually.
3. What do I do if I can’t resize a window?
If a window cannot be resized, it may be maximized or minimized. Click the maximize or minimize button in the top-right corner of the window.
4. Can I use keyboard shortcuts to resize windows?
Yes. Press the Windows key + left/right arrow keys to resize the window to half the screen size. Press the Windows key + up/down arrow keys to maximize or minimize the window.
5. What if I want to resize the window to a specific size?
Click and hold the edge or corner of the window, then press the Ctrl key. You can now resize the window to a specific size.
6. Why can’t I resize a specific window?
Some windows, such as those in certain applications or programs, may have a fixed size and cannot be resized.
7. Can I resize windows using touch screen gestures?
Yes. Pinch two fingers together to zoom out and make the window smaller. Spread two fingers apart to zoom in and make the window larger.
8. How do I resize a window that is off-screen?
Right-click the window’s icon in the taskbar and select “Move”. Use the arrow keys to move the window back onto the screen, then resize as desired.
9. What if I want to maintain the window’s aspect ratio while resizing?
Hold down the Shift key while dragging the window’s edge or corner to maintain the aspect ratio.
10. Can I use the mouse scroll wheel to resize windows?
No, the mouse scroll wheel cannot be used to resize windows.
11. How do I resize a window to a custom size?
Click and drag the edge or corner of the window to resize it. While dragging, check the size of the window in pixels that is displayed below the cursor.
12. What if the window is too big to fit on my screen?
You can either maximize the window or reduce the size of the window so that it fits on your screen.
13. Can I resize the taskbar in Windows 10?
Yes, you can resize the taskbar. Click and drag the top edge of the taskbar to increase or decrease its height.
How to Resize Windows in Windows 10
Windows 10 is the latest operating system from Microsoft that has lots of features tucked away. One of the most useful features is the ability to resize windows as per your requirements. Understanding how to resize windows is essential in order to make the most out of your PC. Here’s a guide on how to resize windows in Windows 10 easily.
Conclusion and Closing
Hopefully, this guide has helped you to understand how to resize windows in Windows 10. With the steps outlined above, you can now resize your windows effortlessly and increase your productivity. So, the next time you need to adjust the size of your windows, simply follow these steps and you’ll be done in no time.
It is essential to make the most out of the features available on your computer. And resizing windows is definitely one feature you should be using. Now, with the knowledge gained from this guide, you can do just that. Good luck and happy computing!
Until next time, dear reader!