Langkah-Langkah: How to Stop a Windows Update
1. Disable Automatic UpdatesThe first step to prevent Windows updates from occurring is to disable automatic updates. To do this, you can go to your computer’s Control Panel and click on Windows Update. From there, click on Change Settings and select the option to never check for updates. This will prevent your computer from automatically downloading updates.
2. Use Group Policy EditorIf you have the professional version of Windows, you can use the Group Policy Editor to disable automatic updates. Simply press the WINDOWS + R key combination to open the Run menu. Type in “gpedit.msc” and hit Enter. This will open the Group Policy Editor, where you can navigate to the Administrative Templates under the Computer Configuration. From here, select the Windows Components folder, then click on Windows Update and disable it.
3. Use Metered ConnectionAnother way to stop Windows updates is to set your network connection as Metered. You can do this by going to your computer’s Wi-Fi settings, selecting the network you’re currently connected to, and clicking on Properties. Then, simply switch on the option named “Set as metered connection”. This will prevent updates from downloading on your computer.
4. Uninstall Updates ManuallyIf an update has already been downloaded and is causing issues, you can uninstall it manually by going to your Control Panel and clicking on Programs and Features. From there, select the update that needs to be uninstalled and click on Uninstall.
5. Use the Command PromptThe Command Prompt can be a useful tool when it comes to stopping updates. Simply open the Command Prompt as an administrator and type in “SC config wuauserv start= disabled”. This will stop the Windows Updates service from running.
6. Use the Show/Hide Updates Tool from MicrosoftMicrosoft has developed a tool specifically for disabling problematic updates. You can download the Show/Hide Updates Tool from the Microsoft website and use it to hide specific updates from being downloaded.
7. Disable Connected User Experiences and TelemetryThis may seem like an odd step, but disabling connected user experiences and telemetry can prevent Windows from automatically installing updates. To do this, go to the Group Policy Editor and navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds. From there, double click on Allow Telemetry and select “Disabled”.
8. Disable or Delete Windows Update FilesIf updates have already been downloaded onto your computer, you can disable or delete them manually. To disable them, go to the Control Panel and click on Administrative Tools. From there, select Services, and find Windows Update. Double click on Windows Update and select Disabled from the Startup type options. To delete the files, go to your computer’s Windows folder, then Software Distribution and delete all files in the Download folder.
9. Change Update Settings in Registry EditorThe Registry Editor can be used to change the update settings on your computer manually. Open the registry by pressing the WINDOWS + R key combination, then typing regedit and pressing Enter. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU. From there, double click on AUOptions and set the value to 2.
10. Pause Updates TemporarilyWindows allows you to pause updates temporarily if they’re causing problems. Go to Windows Update in the Control Panel and click on Advanced Options. From there, select Pause Updates and choose a time frame for how long updates will be paused.
11. Use Third-Party SoftwareIf all else fails, there are third-party software options available to stop Windows updates. Some popular options include ShutUp10, Windows Update Blocker, and NoVirusThanks Win Update Stop.
12. Upgrade to Windows ProLastly, upgrading to Windows Pro will give you more control over updates. With this version of Windows, you can choose when and if updates are installed, and they can even be deferred for up to a year.
Penjelasan dan TipsWe hope these steps have given you a better understanding of how to stop a Windows update. However, there are a few things to keep in mind before proceeding. First and foremost, disabling updates can leave your system vulnerable to security risks, so it’s important to weigh the risks and benefits of stopping updates. Additionally, some updates are necessary for system stability and better performance, so it’s important to do your research before disabling them. Lastly, it’s always a good idea to create a system restore point before making any changes to your system.
Tips and Tricks1. Consider upgrading to Windows Pro if you need more control over updates. 2. Use the Command Prompt for quick and easy access to disabling updates. 3. Use the Show/Hide Updates tool from Microsoft to block specific updates. 4. Keep in mind that disabling updates can leave your system vulnerable to security risks. 5. Research updates before disabling them to ensure you don’t lose any important features. 6. Consider pausing updates temporarily if they’re causing issues. 7. Use third-party software as a last resort if other methods aren’t working. 8. Don’t forget to create a system restore point before making any changes to your system. 9. Consider setting your network connection as Metered to prevent updates from downloading. 10. Remember to enable updates once you’ve resolved the issue that caused you to disable them. We hope these tips and tricks have been helpful. Remember to proceed with caution when disabling updates, and always prioritize keeping your system secure. Thank you for reading!
Kelebihan dan Kekurangan of How to Stop a Windows Update
1. You have control over your computer.
2. You can prevent updates from potentially causing compatibility issues with other software or hardware.
3. Your computer won’t unexpectedly shut down or restart during important work or while you’re using it for leisure activities.
4. You can avoid wasting time waiting for the update to download and install.
5. If an update has caused problems in the past, you can prevent it from happening again.
6. With the ability to stop updates, you can maintain a stable and familiar computing environment.
7. If you prefer a previous version of Windows before updating to a new one, this method can allow you to continue using it.
8. You can save on data usage if you have limited internet connectivity by avoiding the download of large updates.
9. As some updates are known to be laggy, you can prevent the lagging on your device with a simple setting change.
10. Depending on your internet speed and the size of the update, stopping updates can save you a significant amount of time.
1. You won’t receive the latest security patches which can put your computer at risk of viruses and malware.
2. Your computer may become outdated and incompatible with the latest software and system requirements.
3. You may miss out on some new features or improvements that come with the update.
4. If a crucial update which patches a severe vulnerability is missed, your computer may become more vulnerable and less secure.
5. Stopping updates may lead to stability issues or crashes in the long run.
6. Some of your hardware may not work due to a lack of updated drivers.
7. By avoiding updates, you may be making your computer less optimized and missing out on better system performance.
8. The longer you delay updates, the more difficult it will become later to update as there will be a backlog. It may take a long time to download and install all of the updates missed over time.
9. Certain software may require the latest version of Windows to run optimally so you may not be able to run some of your favorite programs.
10. Even if you stop updates, you may still receive periodic notifications reminding you to update which can be annoying and distracting.
1. Why do I want to stop a Windows update?
There are several reasons why you might want to stop a Windows update. Sometimes an update can cause compatibility issues with certain software, or it may cause your system to crash. Other times, you might just want to delay installing the update until a more convenient time.
2. Is it safe to stop a Windows update?
Generally speaking, it is safe to stop a Windows update. However, it is important to note that updates often include security patches and other important fixes, so it is not always advisable to delay installing them for too long.
3. How do I stop a Windows update?
You can stop a Windows update by disabling the Windows Update service. This can be done by going to the Services app in Windows and finding the Windows Update service. From there, you can right-click on the service and select “Stop”.
4. Can I prevent a specific Windows update from installing?
Yes, you can prevent a specific Windows update from installing. This can be done by going to the Windows Update settings and selecting “Advanced options”. From there, you can disable updates for specific features or apps.
5. Can I uninstall a Windows update after it has been installed?
Yes, you can uninstall a Windows update after it has been installed. This can be done by going to the Windows Update settings and selecting “View update history”. From there, you can select the update you want to uninstall and choose “Uninstall”.
6. How long can I delay a Windows update?
You can delay a Windows update for up to 35 days by adjusting the “Pause updates” setting in the Windows Update settings. However, it is not recommended to postpone important security updates for too long.
7. Can I disable Windows updates permanently?
Yes, it is possible to disable Windows updates permanently. This can be done by disabling the Windows Update service and removing the related registry keys. However, this is not recommended as it can leave your system vulnerable to security threats.
8. Can I schedule Windows updates to install at a specific time?
Yes, you can schedule Windows updates to install at a specific time. This can be done by selecting the “Active hours” option in the Windows Update settings and specifying the hours during which you do not want updates to be installed.
9. How do I know if a Windows update is causing problems on my system?
If you suspect that a Windows update is causing problems on your system, you can check the Windows Event Viewer for error messages related to the update. You can also try uninstalling the update to see if the problem goes away.
10. Can I download Windows updates manually?
Yes, you can download Windows updates manually from the Microsoft Update Catalog. This can be useful if you need to install updates on a system that is not connected to the internet.
11. What should I do if an update keeps failing to install?
If an update keeps failing to install, you can try running the Windows Update Troubleshooter. This tool can often fix issues that prevent updates from installing properly.
12. Can I turn off notifications for Windows updates?
Yes, you can turn off notifications for Windows updates by going to the Windows Update settings and selecting “Change active hours”. From there, you can disable the “Show a notification when your PC requires a restart to finish updating” option.
13. What happens if I don’t install Windows updates?
If you don’t install Windows updates, your system may become vulnerable to security threats and other issues. Updates often include important security fixes, as well as performance and stability improvements.
In conclusion, having a Windows update is essential to keep your system secure and up-to-date with the latest features. However, if you encounter problems when updating your Windows, you can always try to troubleshoot the issue by using the various methods we have shared with you in this article. Remember that it is always important to backup your important files before updating your Windows to avoid losing data. If all else fails, you can consider seeking help from a professional Windows technician.
We hope that these tips on how to stop a Windows update have been helpful to you. Always remember that patience is the key when it comes to resolving any Windows update issues. Do not panic and follow the steps carefully. If you have any other tips or tricks that you would like to share, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below. Thanks for reading, and until next time!