Langkah-Langkah: How to turn off OneDrive in Windows 10
Step 1: Close OneDrive from the System Tray
The first step is to close OneDrive from the system tray. Right-click on the OneDrive icon located in the bottom right corner of the screen, and click on “Close OneDrive”.
Step 2: Unlink OneDrive from your Computer
To unlink OneDrive from your computer, follow these steps: Open OneDrive and click on the “More” button (three dots) on the top right corner of the screen. Click on “Settings” and then click on the “Account” tab. Next, click on “Unlink this PC” and click “Unlink account”.
Step 3: Disable OneDrive from Startup Apps
To disable OneDrive from starting up automatically when you turn on your computer, follow these steps: Right-click on the Start menu and click on “Task Manager”. Click on the “Startup” tab and scroll down to find OneDrive. Right-click on OneDrive and select “Disable”.
Step 4: Disable OneDrive Sync Settings
You can also disable OneDrive Sync Settings to stop OneDrive from syncing files and folders automatically. To do this, follow these steps: Open OneDrive, click on the “More” button (three dots) on the top right corner of the screen, click on “Settings” and then click on the “Account” tab. Click on “Choose folders”, uncheck all the folders you don’t want to sync and click “OK”.
Step 5: Disable OneDrive Integration with Office
To disable OneDrive integration with Office, follow these steps: Open any Office application (such as Word or Excel), click on “File”, click on “Account” and then click on “Options”. Click on “Save” and under “Save documents”, uncheck “Show OneDrive as the default save location”.
Step 6: Remove OneDrive from File Explorer
If you want to remove OneDrive from File Explorer, follow these steps: Open File Explorer, right-click on the “OneDrive” folder and select “Properties”. Click on the “Hidden” checkbox and then click “Apply”.
Step 7: Uninstall OneDrive from your Computer
If you want to uninstall OneDrive completely from your computer, follow these steps: Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, type “appwiz.cpl” and then press Enter. Find OneDrive in the list of installed programs, right-click on it and select “Uninstall”.
Step 8: Use Group Policy Editor to Disable OneDrive
If you’re using Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise, you can use Group Policy Editor to disable OneDrive. To do this, follow these steps: Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, type “gpedit.msc” and then press enter. Navigate to “Local Computer Policy” > “Computer Configuration” > “Administrative Templates” > “Windows Components” > “OneDrive”. Double-click on “Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage” and select “Enabled”.
Step 9: Use Registry Editor to Disable OneDrive
If you’re comfortable using Registry Editor, you can use it to disable OneDrive. Here’s how to do it: Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, type “regedit” and then press Enter. Navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows”. Right-click on “Windows” and select “New” > “Key” and name the new key “OneDrive”. Right-click on the “OneDrive” key and select “New” > “DWORD (32-bit) Value”. Name the new value “DisableFileSyncNGSC” and set the value data to “1”.
Step 10: Use Command Prompt to Disable OneDrive
You can also use Command Prompt to disable OneDrive. Follow these steps: Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, type “cmd” and then press Enter. Type “taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe” and press Enter. After that, type “%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall” (for 64-bit Windows) or “%SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall” (for 32-bit Windows) and press Enter.
Step 11: Use Third-Party Software to Disable OneDrive
There are also third-party software available that can help you disable OneDrive. Some examples include “Winaero Tweaker” and “Windows 10 Privacy Tool”. Make sure to choose a reputable software and follow the instructions carefully.
Step 12: Contact Microsoft Support
If you’re still having trouble disabling OneDrive after trying all the above methods, you may want to contact Microsoft Support for help. They should be able to assist you in turning off OneDrive on your Windows 10 computer.
Penjelasan dan Tips
OneDrive is a file hosting service and synchronization service operated by Microsoft as part of its web version of Office. Turning off OneDrive in Windows 10 may not be a good idea for some users, especially if you’re using it for storage and backup purposes. However, if you don’t use OneDrive or prefer not to use it, following the steps above can help you turn off OneDrive on your computer.
Here are some additional tips and tricks when turning off OneDrive on your Windows 10 computer:
Tips 1: Consider Alternative Cloud Storage Services
If you’re turning off OneDrive to switch to another cloud storage service, consider alternatives like Google Drive, Dropbox, or iCloud. Compare their features and pricing before making a decision.
Tips 2: Check Your Privacy Settings
Sometimes, OneDrive can accidentally turn on or start running without your knowledge. Check your privacy settings to prevent this from happening. Go to “Settings” > “Privacy” > “Background apps”, and disable OneDrive from running in the background.
Tips 3: Keep Your Windows 10 Updated
Updates for Windows 10 often include security patches and bug fixes. Keeping your Windows 10 updated can help prevent OneDrive from automatically starting up and other issues related to the service.
Tips 4: Keep Your Computer Clean
Performing regular maintenance on your computer can help it run smoothly and prevent issues like OneDrive starting up on its own. Delete unnecessary files and programs and run a virus scan once in a while.
Tips 5: Use OneDrive Smart Files
If you don’t want to completely turn off OneDrive, try using its “Smart Files” feature. What this does is that it uploads your files and saves space on your computer’s hard drive. When you open a file, it will be downloaded on-demand, saving you space and time.
Tips 6: Be Cautious with Third-Party Software
Using third-party software to disable OneDrive can be risky. Make sure to choose a reputable software, and always read the instructions carefully.
Tips 7: Trust Microsoft Support
If all else fails, Microsoft Support can guide you through the process and help you turn off OneDrive on your Windows 10 computer.
Tips 8: Check Your OneDrive Storage Capacity
If you’re using OneDrive for storage purposes, check your storage capacity periodically to make sure you don’t run out of space. OneDrive has different storage plans available, so choose the one that suits your needs best.
Tips 9: Use OneDrive for Collaboration
If you’re working with others on a document or project, OneDrive can be a useful tool. You can share files and folders easily and collaborate in real-time. Make sure to set the appropriate permissions for each team member.
Tips 10: Familiarize Yourself with OneDrive Features
OneDrive has many features that can help optimize your storage and backup experience. Keep yourself up-to-date with these features and use them to their fullest potential.
Advantages of Turning Off OneDrive in Windows 10
There are several benefits of turning off OneDrive in Windows 10, including:
- Increased privacy: OneDrive may sync your personal files to the cloud, which could potentially be accessed by hackers or third-parties without your consent. By turning it off, you can keep your files more private.
- Improved performance: OneDrive can consume a lot of your CPU resources, which can slow down your computer. Disabling it can improve your system’s performance and speed.
- Reduced storage usage: OneDrive can take up a lot of disk space, especially if you have many files stored in it. By turning it off, you can free up some storage space for other files and programs.
- Less intrusive notifications: OneDrive can send you frequent notifications, which can be distracting and disruptive. Disabling it can reduce the number of notifications you receive.
- Greater control over your files: Turning off OneDrive can give you more control over your files, as you can choose where to store them and when to sync them to the cloud.
- Less risk of accidental file deletion: If you accidentally delete a file that was synced to OneDrive, it may also be deleted from the cloud. Disabling OneDrive can reduce the risk of this happening.
- Better compatibility with other cloud services: If you use other cloud services to store your files, turning off OneDrive can prevent conflicts and make it easier to manage your files across different platforms.
- Improved battery life: OneDrive can be a battery hog, especially if it’s constantly syncing your files. By disabling it, you can improve your laptop’s battery life.
- Greater control over your network usage: OneDrive can use a lot of network bandwidth, which can be a problem if you have a limited data plan. Turning it off can give you more control over your network usage and prevent unexpected charges.
- Better security: Disabling OneDrive can reduce the risk of data breaches and other security issues, as there will be fewer files stored in the cloud.
Disadvantages of Turning Off OneDrive in Windows 10
However, there are also several drawbacks of turning off OneDrive in Windows 10, including:
- Loss of cloud storage: If you rely on OneDrive to store your files, turning it off can mean you lose access to your cloud storage and may need to find an alternative storage solution.
- Limited syncing capabilities: Turning off OneDrive can limit your ability to sync files across different devices, which can be a problem if you frequently switch between devices.
- Less collaboration: If you use OneDrive to collaborate on files with others, turning it off can make it harder to work together and share files.
- Less access to Microsoft Office features: OneDrive is integrated with Microsoft Office, so turning it off can limit your access to Office features that rely on cloud storage.
- Less automatic backup: OneDrive can automatically back up your files to the cloud, which can be helpful in case of a computer crash or other disaster. Turning it off can mean you lose this backup functionality.
- Less convenience: OneDrive can be a convenient way to access your files from any device, anywhere. Turning it off can make it harder to access your files on the go.
- Less protection against device loss or theft: OneDrive can help protect your files in case your device is lost or stolen, as you can access them from another device. Turning it off can weaken this protection.
- Less integration with Windows 10: OneDrive is tightly integrated with Windows 10, so turning it off can make it harder to use some Windows 10 features and applications.
- Less ability to customize: OneDrive can be customized to suit your specific needs, such as changing sync settings or setting up different storage locations. Turning it off can mean you lose this ability to customize it.
- Less access to other cloud services: If you turn off OneDrive and rely on other cloud services to store your files, you may have to manage multiple accounts and deal with more complex syncing issues.
1. What is OneDrive?
OneDrive is a cloud storage service offered by Microsoft as part of the Windows operating system. It allows you to store and access files from any device connected to the internet.
2. Why would I want to turn off OneDrive?
There may be instances where you do not want your files to be synced to the cloud or you may simply prefer to use an alternative storage solution.
3. How do I turn off OneDrive?
You can turn off OneDrive by going to the OneDrive settings and selecting “Exit OneDrive”. This will stop the sync process and prevent OneDrive from starting up automatically.
4. Can I uninstall OneDrive?
No, OneDrive is a built-in feature of Windows 10 and cannot be uninstalled. However, you can disable it as mentioned in the previous FAQ.
5. What happens to my files when I turn off OneDrive?
Your files will no longer be synced to OneDrive and will only exist on your computer or other devices where you have copied them.
6. Will my files be deleted if I turn off OneDrive?
No, turning off OneDrive simply stops the syncing process of your files and does not delete them from your computer or other devices.
7. Can I still access my files offline if I turn off OneDrive?
Yes, any files that have been synced to your device will still be accessible even if you turn off OneDrive. However, any changes you make to those files will not be synced to other devices.
8. How does turning of OneDrive affect my Microsoft account?
Turning off OneDrive does not affect your Microsoft account in any way, as it simply disables the OneDrive feature on your device.
9. Does turning off OneDrive free up storage space?
Turning off OneDrive does not free up any storage space, as the files are still stored on your device. However, you can delete the OneDrive folder to free up storage space if needed.
10. Can I still use other Microsoft services if I turn off OneDrive?
Yes, turning off OneDrive does not affect your ability to use other Microsoft services such as Outlook, Office, or Skype.
11. How do I restore OneDrive after turning it off?
You can restart OneDrive by going to the OneDrive settings and selecting “Start OneDrive”.
12. Will turning off OneDrive affect my ability to receive Windows updates?
No, turning off OneDrive does not affect your ability to receive Windows updates.
13. Can I use an alternative cloud storage service with Windows 10?
Yes, Windows 10 allows you to use other cloud storage services in addition to OneDrive.
How to Turn Off OneDrive in Windows 10
OneDrive is a cloud-based storage platform that comes pre-installed in Windows 10. While some may find it useful, others may prefer a different storage solution. If you fall into the latter category, this article will guide you on how to turn off OneDrive in Windows 10.
Conclusion and Closing
Now that you have learned how to turn off OneDrive in Windows 10, you can choose to either continue using the cloud-based storage platform or switch to an alternative solution. Whatever your preference may be, it’s always good to have options when it comes to managing your files and data. Thank you for reading until the end and we hope this article has been helpful.
Until next time, cheers!