Step-by-Step Guide on How to Uninstall an App From Windows Store
Step 1: Open the Start Menu
The first step in uninstalling an app from Windows Store is to open the Start menu. You can do this by clicking the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen or by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
Step 2: Locate the App to Uninstall
Next, you’ll need to locate the app you want to uninstall. You can do this by scrolling through the Start menu or by typing the name of the app into the search bar.
Step 3: Right-Click on the App
Once you’ve found the app you want to uninstall, right-click on its icon. This will bring up a context menu with a number of options.
Step 4: Click on Uninstall
From the context menu, click on the “Uninstall” option. This will initiate the uninstallation process.
Step 5: Confirm the Uninstall
A prompt will appear on your screen asking you to confirm the uninstallation of the app. Click “Uninstall” to proceed.
Step 6: Wait for the Uninstallation to Complete
The Windows Store app will now begin the uninstallation process. Wait for it to complete before moving on.
Step 7: Remove Any App-Specific Data
After the uninstallation is complete, it’s a good idea to remove any app-specific data that may still be on your device. To do this, go to the search bar and type in “Storage”. Click on the “Storage settings” option.
Step 8: Select the App You Want to Clear Data For
Under the “Storage usage per app” section, select the app you want to clear data for.
Step 9: Click on “Remove”
Once you’ve selected the app, click on the “Remove” button. This will remove any remaining data associated with the app from your device.
Step 10: Confirm the Removal
A prompt will appear on your screen asking you to confirm the removal of the app’s data. Click “Yes” to proceed.
Step 11: Restart Your Device
Once you’ve removed the app’s data, it’s a good idea to restart your device. This will ensure that any lingering files or processes associated with the app are fully cleared from your system.
Step 12: Verify the App Is No Longer Installed
Finally, verify that the app you uninstalled is no longer installed on your device. You can do this by searching for the app in the Start menu or by checking the list of installed apps in the Windows Store.
Additional Tips and Tricks on Uninstalling Apps From Windows Store
1. Use a Third-Party Uninstaller
If you’re having trouble uninstalling an app from Windows Store, consider using a third-party uninstaller tool. These tools can help identify and remove any lingering files or processes associated with the app, ensuring a complete uninstallation.
2. Keep Your Device Clean
Maintaining a clean and organized device can help prevent the accumulation of unnecessary apps and files. Regularly clean up your device by uninstalling any apps you no longer use or need.
3. Check for System Updates
System updates can help improve the stability and performance of your device, including its ability to uninstall apps. Regularly check for and install any available updates to keep your device in top shape.
4. Avoid Installing Unnecessary Apps
The best way to avoid the need to uninstall apps is to only install the ones you need. Be mindful of the apps you install and consider whether they will truly be useful for you before adding them to your device.
5. Keep Your Antivirus Software Up-to-Date
Antivirus software can help identify and remove any malware or unwanted files on your device, including those associated with uninstalled apps. Keep your antivirus software up-to-date and scan your device regularly to ensure a clean and secure system.
6. Use the Windows Store Responsibly
When browsing the Windows Store, be aware of the information you’re providing and the apps you’re downloading. Stick to reputable sources and carefully review the permissions and requirements of each app before installing.
7. Read Reviews and Ratings
Before installing an app, check out its reviews and ratings from other users. This can provide valuable insight into the quality and usefulness of the app, helping you make an informed decision on whether to install it.
8. Try Before You Buy
Many apps in the Windows Store offer free trials or limited versions. Take advantage of these options to try before you buy, ensuring that the app is truly what you need before investing in it.
9. Be Patient
Uninstalling apps from Windows Store can take some time, particularly if you have large files or processes associated with the app. Be patient and allow the process to complete fully before moving on to other tasks.
10. Don’t Hesitate to Ask for Help
If you’re still having trouble uninstalling an app from Windows Store, don’t hesitate to ask for help. Reach out to online forums, tech support, or friends and family for assistance, ensuring that you achieve a successful uninstallation without undue stress.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Uninstalling Windows Store Apps
1. Free up storage space on your device.
2. Improves your device’s performance.
3. Reduces clutter on your Start menu and desktop.
4. Eliminates the risk of accidental app launches or updates.
5. Helps to protect your privacy by removing any app that may have access to your personal information.
6. Can improve the overall stability of your device by removing defective or outdated apps.
7. Allows you to focus on the apps that you actually use and enjoy.
8. Enables you to easily reinstall apps that you may have previously deleted.
9. Gives you control over which apps are installed on your device.
10. Helps to streamline your device and keep it organized.
1. May remove certain apps that you actually find useful or important.
2. Some apps may be necessary for certain software or device functionality.
3. May require additional time and effort to reinstall certain apps if needed.
4. Could potentially remove important data or preferences associated with the app if not properly uninstalled.
5. Cannot uninstall certain pre-installed apps that may be taking up valuable storage space.
6. Could potentially cause issues with other installed applications if not properly uninstalled.
7. May require administrative permissions to uninstall certain apps.
8. Certain apps may leave behind residual files or data that could potentially cause issues.
9. Could potentially cause issues with updates or system upgrades if certain apps are not properly uninstalled.
10. Could potentially remove apps that are necessary for business or school-related purposes.
1. How do I uninstall an app from Windows Store?
To uninstall an app from Windows Store, go to the Start menu and look for the app you want to remove. Right-click on it and select “Uninstall”. Alternatively, you can go to the Windows Store app, find the app you want to uninstall, and click on the “Uninstall” button.
2. What happens when I uninstall an app from Windows Store?
When you uninstall an app from Windows Store, the app and all its associated files, data, and settings will be deleted from your computer.
3. Can I reinstall an app that I have uninstalled from Windows Store?
Yes, you can reinstall an app that you have previously uninstalled from Windows Store. Simply go to the Windows Store app, search for the app, and click on the “Install” button.
4. Will I lose my data if I uninstall an app from Windows Store?
Yes, when you uninstall an app from Windows Store, all data associated with the app will be deleted. If you want to keep your data, make sure to back it up before uninstalling the app.
5. How do I back up my app data before uninstalling an app from Windows Store?
To back up your app data before uninstalling an app from Windows Store, you can use a third-party backup software or manually copy the data to another location, such as an external hard drive or cloud storage.
6. Can I uninstall Windows Store itself?
No, you cannot uninstall Windows Store itself. However, you can disable it by using Group Policy settings or PowerShell commands if you don’t use it or don’t want it to appear in the Start menu.
7. Can I uninstall built-in apps in Windows 10?
Yes, you can uninstall some of the built-in apps in Windows 10, such as 3D Builder, Skype, and Calculator. However, some of the built-in apps, such as Microsoft Edge and Cortana, cannot be uninstalled.
8. How do I reinstall built-in apps in Windows 10?
To reinstall built-in apps in Windows 10, you can use the Windows Store app, PowerShell commands, or third-party tools. However, some of the built-in apps, such as Microsoft Edge and Cortana, cannot be reinstalled.
9. How do I remove apps from my Start menu?
To remove apps from your Start menu, right-click on the app and select “Unpin from Start”. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the app from the Start menu to the desktop or recycle bin.
10. How do I remove apps from my taskbar?
To remove apps from your taskbar, right-click on the app icon and select “Unpin from taskbar”.
11. Can I remove all apps from my Start menu or taskbar?
Yes, you can remove all apps from your Start menu or taskbar if you prefer a clean desktop. However, you may still need to access the apps from time to time, so it’s recommended to keep the ones you use frequently.
12. How do I prevent Windows Store from installing apps automatically?
To prevent Windows Store from installing apps automatically, go to the Windows Store app and click on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner. Select “Settings” and toggle off the “Update apps automatically” option.
13. Can I delete an app without uninstalling it from Windows Store?
No, you cannot delete an app without uninstalling it from Windows Store. However, you can remove its shortcut from the desktop, taskbar, or Start menu.
In conclusion, uninstalling an app from Windows Store is a simple process that takes only a few steps. Whether you want to free up some space, remove an app that you no longer use, or just clean up your computer, uninstalling apps from the Windows Store is an effective way to accomplish your goals. So, next time you feel like you need to remove an app, don’t hesitate to follow the steps outlined in this article.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article on how to uninstall an app from Windows Store. We hope that this guide has given you a better understanding of the process and that you can now uninstall apps with confidence. If you have any feedback or suggestions for future articles, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Until next time, happy uninstalling!