Welcome to our article on how to board up windows in Project Zomboid! Being able to effectively protect your shelter from the hordes of zombies outside is crucial for survival in this post-apocalyptic world. Boarding up your windows is one of the best ways to do just that, and in this article, we’ll be taking you through the 12 essential steps to get your windows safe and secure.
Step 1: Gather Your Resources
Before you begin boarding up your windows, you’ll need to gather the necessary resources. This includes wooden planks or sheets of metal, nails, a hammer, and a saw.
Step 2: Measure Your Windows
Measure the dimensions of each window that you want to board up. This will help you determine the amount of materials you will need.
Step 3: Cut the Planks
Cut the wooden planks to the appropriate size using a saw. Ensure that you cut the planks to the exact dimensions of your windows.
Step 4: Nail the Planks onto the Window Frame
Using a hammer and nails, attach the wooden planks to the window frame. Make sure to hammer the nails in securely.
Step 5: Reinforce with Metal Sheets
For extra protection against zombies, you can reinforce the wooden planks with sheets of metal. Cut the metal sheets to the same size as your wooden planks and attach them to the frame with nails.
Step 6: Cover Any Gaps or Cracks
Fill in any gaps or cracks between the planks or metal sheets with additional wooden planks. This will prevent zombies from squeezing through any small spaces.
Step 7: Apply Sealant
To ensure that your boarded-up windows are completely secure, use sealant to waterproof any gaps or cracks in the wood.
Step 8: Install Curtains or Blinds
To further block any potential view of your shelter from the outside, install curtains or blinds over your boarded-up windows.
Step 9: Add Extra Reinforcement
For even more protection, you can add extra reinforcement by attaching metal bars or chains to the window frame.
Step 10: Test for Strength
After boarding up your windows, make sure to test the strength of your defenses. Have a friend try to push on the boarded-up windows to see if they can break through.
Step 11: Double-Check for Gaps
After testing, double-check for any gaps or cracks that may have formed. If you find any, fill them in with additional planks or sealant.
Step 12: Repeat on All Windows
Repeat the above steps for all windows that you wish to board up, ensuring that each window is secure and well-protected.
Additional Tips and Tricks
1. Stock up on boards and other resources in advance. It’s always better to have more than you need.
2. Consider using metal sheets for extra protection against zombies.
3. Always measure your windows carefully before cutting any materials.
4. Use a sawhorse or other stable surface to cut your planks to avoid accidents.
5. Apply sealant to all gaps and cracks to prevent leaks and damage from rain or other weather.
6. Don’t forget to reinforce your window frames with metal bars or chains for added protection.
7. Regularly check your boarded-up windows for any signs of damage or weakness.
8. Install curtains or blinds on the inside of your shelter to further block any outside view.
9. Don’t forget to have a backup plan in case your boarded-up windows fail to hold up.
10. Stay safe and always be prepared for the worst.
We hope that this guide has helped you in securing your shelter and keeping the zombies at bay. Remember, preparation is key in Project Zomboid. Stay safe out there!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Boarding Up Windows in Project Zomboid
1. Provides additional protection against zombie attacks by preventing them from entering through the windows.
2. Can help to effectively barricade a safe room and limit the number of entry points.
3. Boarding up windows can also provide privacy and help to conceal your movements from potential threats.
4. Boards can be found in a variety of locations and can be easily scavenged, making it a cheap and accessible option for fortifying your base.
5. If done properly, boarding up windows can significantly improve the survival rate of your group in Project Zomboid.
6. Boarded up windows can also serve as a visual cue for players to recognize that a house has already been searched and looted, avoiding unnecessary exploration.
7. Boarding up windows can create a sense of security and stability for players, making them feel more at ease in a dangerous and unpredictable environment.
8. Boarding up windows can provide a challenge for players who enjoy the thrill of testing their survival skills in tough situations.
9. Boarding up windows can be an effective deterrent for other players who might attempt to raid or loot your base.
10. Boarding up windows can be a fun and interactive element in the game, requiring players to strategize and think creatively to survive.
1. Boarding up windows can limit visibility and make it harder for players to spot approaching threats.
2. Boarded up windows can also make it harder for players to escape in the event of a fire or other emergency.
3. Boarding up windows can create a sense of claustrophobia and make players feel trapped or confined.
4. Boarding up windows can also limit the amount of natural light and fresh air that enters a base, making it a less comfortable place to live.
5. If not done properly, boarded up windows can be easily destroyed by zombies, rendering the fortifications useless.
6. Boarding up windows can also take a significant amount of time and resources to complete, especially for players who prefer to keep moving and exploring new areas.
7. Boarding up windows can make it difficult to evaluate the condition of a building and plan an escape route, increasing the risk of being trapped in a dangerous situation.
8. Boarded up windows can also attract unwanted attention from other players who view your base as a target for raiding or looting.
9. Boarding up windows can limit the amount of natural light and fresh air that enters a base, making it a less healthy place to live over time.
10. Boarding up windows can limit the amount of noise that is able to escape a base, making it harder for other survivors to hear your call for help in an emergency.
1. What is Project Zomboid?
Project Zomboid is an open-world survival game that allows you to experience a post-apocalyptic world overrun by zombies.
2. How do I board up windows in Project Zomboid?
To board up windows in Project Zomboid, you need to equip a hammer and nails. Then, right-click on the window you want to board up and select the “Board Window” option.
3. Do I need special materials to board up windows?
Yes, you need to have a hammer and nails to board up windows in Project Zomboid. You can find these items in various locations such as houses, sheds, and construction sites.
4. Why do I need to board up windows?
Boarding up windows can help you fortify your base or temporary shelter from zombie attacks. It can also prevent zombies from spotting your presence inside the building, which can reduce the chances of attracting more zombies to your location.
5. Can I remove the boards from the windows?
Yes, you can remove the boards from the windows by using a hammer to dismantle them. However, it may take some time to remove the boards, so make sure that you have enough time to do so without attracting any zombies.
6. How many nails do I need to board up a window?
You need four nails to board up a single window in Project Zomboid.
7. Can I board up doors?
No, you cannot board up doors in Project Zomboid. However, you can barricade them using furniture or other objects to block the entrance from zombies.
8. Can zombies break through boarded-up windows?
Yes, zombies can break through boarded-up windows if they attack it repeatedly. However, it will take them more time to break through the boards, which can give you more time to prepare or escape.
9. Can I see through boarded-up windows?
No, you cannot see through boarded-up windows in Project Zomboid. It will completely block your view of the outside, which can make it harder to scout for any dangers or resources.
10. How long does it take to board up a window?
It takes around five seconds to board up a single window in Project Zomboid.
11. Can other players destroy my boarded-up windows?
It depends on the server rules and settings. In some servers, players can destroy boarded-up windows using explosives or other weapons.
12. Can I upgrade boarded-up windows?
No, you cannot upgrade boarded-up windows in Project Zomboid. Once you board up a window, it will remain in its initial state until you remove the boards.
13. How long do boarded-up windows last?
Boarded-up windows can last indefinitely unless destroyed by zombies or other players. However, it is recommended to periodically check their condition and reinforce them if necessary.
How to Board Up Windows in Project Zomboid
If you’re a fan of survival games, then Project Zomboid might be just what you’re looking for. As the name suggests, the game is all about fighting off hordes of zombies and trying to stay alive in a post-apocalyptic world. One of the key skills you’ll need to master in the game is how to board up windows.
Boarding up windows is an essential survival tactic in Project Zomboid. Not only does it keep out the undead hordes but it also provides a level of protection against the elements and other survivors. Here’s how to do it:
Conclusion and Closing
In conclusion, knowing how to board up windows in Project Zomboid is a vital skill to have if you want to survive in the game. With the right tools and materials, it’s a straightforward process that can make all the difference in keeping yourself and your base safe from harm.
So, stock up on nails, grab a hammer, and get ready to board up those windows. Stay alive, and we’ll see you in the game!